Cold rolling mills
O-frame and C-frame thicknessCONTROL MTS 820x and MTS 920x systems contribute to improved efficiency and higher quality production in cold rolling mills. The sensors are equipped with discrete laser line technology accompanied by protective measures such as protection against dirty lenses or the effects of changes in temperature on measurements, making the systems suitable for use in harsh environmental conditions.
- Material-independent measurements
- Alloy-dependent calibration is not necessary
- High raw data acquisition (up to 256,000 data points per second) enables high performance signal processing
- Measurement of geometrical parameters and surface structures (inner and total thickness of checkered plate)
- Cost-effective service-lifecycle-management
- Intuitive HMI Software with gesture control on a multi-touch screen
C-frame thicknessCONTROL MTS 8202.LLT
One C-frame is integrated vertically on a linear axis before and after the stand. The sensor lenses are protected against dirt by using pneumatic devices.
- Width: 235mm
- Thickness: 3mm up to 11mm
- Material temperature: 90°C
Both systems measure the cross-section respectively. The systems recognise the edge positions and adapt the traversing position according to movements of the floating strip and changing widths.
- Iterative calibration
- Alloy-independent measurements
- Compensation of tilt angle using discrete laser line